A few have been asking how Jenn's feeling and how she's keeping healthy. Here's a picture of all her vitamins. A diligent vitamin taker, Jenn did a lot of research before making this individualized regimen of vitamins.
- Soluble fiber, like that in the Fiber Suppliment helps reduce to chlorestrol and battles the slugglish digestive system pregnany's hormones causes.
- D3 is great for bone and immune health. As the baby's bones form it's important for me to suppliment my milk and sunshine with D3. In addition, D3 is great for supporting one's immune system. As pregnant women often have weakened immune systems, this vitamin plays double duty as wellness assistance too.
- Many pregnant women get UTI's, so to prevent them entirely the cranberry suppliment has proven helpful.
- DHA is great for many things, but especially brain development. As baby's brain is developing, DHA is hard at work.
- Iron is great for red blood cell formation and hemoglobin. As a pregnant woman's body grows a placenta and baby, the body adjusts to this growing need for oxygen-rich blood. Iron suppliments can have negative side effects, so I personally strive to eat meat and leafy veggies. To suppliment diet, an iron suppliment three times a week seems to be working well.
- Folate is the full form of Folic Acid. While Folic Acid is a popular suppliment in pre-natal vitamins, not everyone's body can absorb Folic Acid. Not knowing if my body can absorb and use folic acid, I opted for Folate, which is the true form and most importantly absorable by all bodies...mom and baby.